Parental control with AeroAdmin free software
One of the easiest tools for parental control you can ever find is AeroAdmin free remote desktop software, which provides instant access to remote computers over Internet or in LAN in real time (download, how to use).
AeroAdmin – is a small application which doesn't require installation and configuration. It's launched on operator computer (a pc from which we're going to monitor remote computer, your computer) and client computer (a pc which will be monitored, your kid's computers). AeroAdmin is ready to work right out of the box, after launch.
(!) Free remote desktop software AeroAdmin will allow you to connect a computer over Internet from all over the world and watch what your kid's doing at the PC in real time.
Beside "view only" mode the application also provides an option to fully control remote computer as if you were sitting right in front of it. So, for example, being in the office you can easily connect to your home PC and help your kid with his/her home work.
- Zero-config and easy-to-use application
- You can always be in touch with your kids
- Children start to behave more responsibly as they understand they can be monitored any time
- You have ability to interactively help your kids by controling remotely their computer from anywhere
On kid's computer (client):
1. Download and run AeroAdmin
2. In main menu click Connection ⇒ Access rights
3. In new window click add (sign +)
4. In new window:
- Input ID (corresponds to your ID on your computer) of a computer computer, , from which you're going to monitor this PC or input word "ANY" to have ability to connect from any remote computer.
- Input operator computer name, for example, "Laptop"
- Input password twice to connect this PC.
- Click Ok
5. Launch AeroAdmin as Windows service. Click in main menu Connection ⇒ Service
On your computer (operator):
1. Download and run AeroAdmin
2. Input "client ID" in to corresponding field on the rights side of AeroAdmin main window. It's your kid's computer ID.
3. Choose connection mode "View only"
4. Click Connect
5. Type in password that you've previously set up.
You'll be connected to remote computer and be able to view what is going on at it in real time in a couple of seconds.
What your children are doing in Internet
Being responsible and loving parents you might be already aware of existing tools and software for parental control. In case you're conserned with this issue for the first time, this article will give more of an idea about main threats your kids may face in Internet and how to cope with them.
Number of Internet users is rapidly growing year after year. Pre-school and teen audience are among them. A lot of parents are curious of what their children are doing in Internet, what websites visit and who they're communicating with via online messengers and social networks. Needless to say, these worries are absolutely justified.
TOP-10 website categories with unwanted content which children visit most of all (diagram 1*)
The stats doesn't necesseraly mean children spend all their time on these websites. It doesn't mean the website visits have been initiated by the kids as well. There may be cases when user serfs normal web pages but suddenly gets redirected to websites with unwanted content or advertisment pages.
Nevertheless, some kids visit such pages on purpose due to natural high interest to forbidden subjects. The main problem is the information they get under no parents control may significantly harm young children mentality.
- Kids spend a lot of time in social networks, and there is a big risk they meet a scammer trying to wrigle into favour to get parents bank card requisites or make youth send an sms to a paid number or something else. It's not rare case when children become subject to phsycological attacks from school mates via sicial networks.
Moreover, social networks exclude live communication and non verbal contacts with their fellows (intonation, jestures etc). Children and teenagers spending too much time in Facebook obviously may have troubles communicating with their mates in real life and will certainly have less chances of successful adaptation to new school groups or new work teams in future.
- Websites for adults and pirate software. Websites of this category may, and most likely, contain malicious software or scripts that may lead to loss of important pc data or bank and payment requisites leakage.
- Online games could harm children mentality as well, but what is more likely, harm parents wallet. Developers of such games design the software the way it can't be completed untill you pay for it. These games' main goal is to excite a young player and acquire his/her parent's money by any means.
Windows parental control (standard tools)
There are plenty of software on the market, however, one can take advantage of built-in standard Windows parental controls tools
This feature lets you limit computer usage by your kids, as follows:
You can also setup additional Windows family security options to control and filter websites, view reports on visited online resources.
- Setup days of week when children may use computer.
- Define software and games which can be used by children.
*In accordance with "Kaspersky Lab" 2014